At certain points in our lives we all need an adviser. No matter how qualified you are, there are still some circumstances in which you require someone else’s help to cope with a issue at hand, whether it be the opinion of an outsider or the guidance of an specialist. General dentists are like those specialists who can help you address regular dental issues.Checkout Dr. Anthony Mancino for more info.
General Dentists are generally not professionals. For example, an oral surgeon can perform surgery, an orthodontist specializes in orthodontics, a periodontist would only deal with gum-related problems, and an endodontist will perform root canal or pulp-related treatments. On the other hand, dentists who practice General Dentistry, depending on their experience and ability, can perform many forms of dental procedures.
Such dentists are a big support to families because they have under one roof a range of dental facilities. These services encompass-
- Cleaning-Cleaning is the most basic and one of the most significant dental services that dentists can provide. There are portions of the mouth that can not be reached by a toothbrush or dental floss and thus become breeding points for germs. Timely cleaning helps keep good oral hygiene and prevents gum disease.
- Root canal Treatment-When infection occurs in the root canal of the tooth, removal of decayed nerve tissue and pulp is imperative in order to restore the health of the tooth. General dentists can do the whole procedure, starting from pulp extraction to restoration.
- Extraction-Extraction is considered the best treatment option in the case of exaggerated decay in the tooth, infection or in the case of an impacted wisdom tooth. An experienced dentist can perform that procedure comfortably with the use of sedation.
- Dental implants — Almost all general dental clinics provide dental implant facilities that may also be described as cosmetic dentistry. It requires accuracy and expertise but qualified general dentists are sufficiently qualified to carry out this procedure.
- Crowns-You don’t need to go to a cosmetic dentist for a broken tooth surface, your general dentist can fix a dental crown, also called a dental cap.
- Family dentistry-Perhaps this is the best and most useful service provided by dentists in general. Half of your problems are solved because you have a position where the whole family will receive its share of dental treatment. As dentists offer comprehensive services to patients of all ages, a general dentist close to home or office is a blessing for any family.
- Emergency Service-If you need immediate dental care, you can call your nearby general practitioner or family dentist who offers emergency services and help in a timely manner.