It may seem daunting to locate and meet the right lawyer, particularly for someone who has never employed an auto lawyer.And how can you consider the right car accident lawyer to manage the case? I recommend that you do:• Continue by talking to the families, acquaintances and employers to see whether someone they meet has been embroiled in a case concerning a automobile crash. Ask them about their background and how they’d consider their car counsel.You can get additional information at San Antonio Car Accident Attorney.
- Local lawyers specializing in auto accidents search the Internet. Check their services to get expert guidance and a good case track record. Beware of advertising materials and websites containing self-proclaimed endorsements, such as ‘the best, the top, the leading,’ which cannot be factually supported or verified by recognized third party.
- Avoid Yellow Pages: Best automobile accident attorneys don’t have to advertise heavily, they earn new clients from positive word of mouth or other lawyer referrals.
Having identified a few potential auto lawyers, do some research before you contact their offices:
- Pursue third-party assurance of the law practice and the credibility of the lawyer by checking legal magazines such as Michigan Lawyers Regularly for some favorable or misleading ads of the company or the cases it has prosecuted.
- Contact the Michigan State Bar and Martindale-Hubbell, or visit those websites to see if the lawyer is in good standing. Martindale-Hubbell’s AV Rating is the highest for legal skills and ethics although this top rating has been given to very few lawyers and law firms.
- Auto accident attorney should be actively involved with Michigan legal organizations such as the Michigan Association for Justice, the American Association for Justice and the Michigan State Bar; not just as members but as leaders who are familiar with the latest developments in no-fault insurance and self-neglect personal injury laws.
If the standard of an auto attorney has been checked, call to set up an initial appointment. Few firms can demand a consulting fee to reach you, but most Michigan car crash attorneys give free seminars to help understand prospective clients without any payments or commitments. Because cases of automobile accidents are very time-sensitive, you should expect the lawyer to respond promptly to a phone or internet request.
The first meeting is really critical when determining if the best match for you is an car injury prosecutor or a law firm. Here are some ideas of questions that can help evaluate whether a particular lawyer will be the best fit for your case during the consultation:
- How quick is it going to be to contact you?
- What client references do you have that can comment on your competencies and confidence?
- How many situations have you dealt with over the last year like mine?
- Who else will be focused on my case in the office?
- How is contract billing handled? Are there any expenses that I’ll have to pay out of pocket at or at the conclusion of my case?
- Do I still owe you something for your time and effort if my case is lost and no reward is awarded? (Automotive attorneys will generally charge their services on a contingency fee basis, where the client pays the attorney 33 percent of what the attorney collects in the settlement or where the case goes to trial.)
Just ask yourself the following questions after the consultation is over:
- Has the person liable for the car crash heard well?
- Has the attorney explained legal matters to me in terms that I could understand?
- Has the autoprocurator appeared to be very knowledgeable about Michigan no-fault law and how the law applies to my particular case? Will he “test it” and come back to me?
- Has the autoprocurator seemed to recognize my current problems and agreed to guide me to the best medical attention?
Ultimately, you want to choose the lawyer for auto accidents you think will do the best work for you. Even if you choose not to hire an attorney or file a lawsuit, there is no harm in getting initial advice on steps you can take to protect yourself from an automobile accident immediately after a serious injury.
Law Office of Matthew S. Norris
12011 Huebner Rd #101, San Antonio, Texas 78230