The movement of air in and out of a home may be a major contributor to rising energy bills. Air can get into your home through cracks, gaps, and crevices. To achieve optimum building efficiency, you should instal an advanced insulation system to prevent unconditioned air from entering your home and indoor conditioned air from escaping outside. Do you want to learn more? Click First Defense Insulation-Spray Foam Insulation.
Spray foam insulation can be used to insulate walls, floors, contoured surfaces, and other areas of your home to keep air and moisture out while still strengthening the structure. It’s the most adaptable form of insulation on the market. Other insulation materials, such as fibreglass and cellulose, are less effective at preventing heat loss and air penetration than spray foam insulation. This form of insulation comes in spray cans and is made up of resin and chemicals like polyurethane.
The chemicals and resin in spray foam insulation combine to form a foam that coats the surface. At the point where the foam is sprayed, it rapidly expands and solidifies. It dries quickly and offers a long-term insulation solution for your house. While it is recommended that spray foam insulation be installed by a qualified and experienced contractor, DIY kits are now available. If you are using a DIY pack, it is important that you obey all safety precautions.
Foam spray insulation provides a number of advantages to homeowners. Here are some of the most important advantages of spray foam insulation:
- Reduces air and moisture infiltration to maintain a constant temperature.
- Pollen infiltration is reduced.
- Reduces annual energy costs by 30 to 50 percent.
- Reduces pollution from outside sources in the air.
- Keeps your house warm throughout the winter, cool in the summer, and relaxed throughout the year.
- Increases your home’s resale value
- Strengthens the building’s foundation.
- Helps to prevent ice damage.
- Outperforms all other types of insulation methods.
- R-value per inch that is high and stable.
- Provides a more relaxed environment at home.
- Prevents airborne particles and fibers from entering the system.
- It’s immune to insects and flames.
- It is irreversible.
- Lessens the chances of mold forming.
- Lessens the need for HVAC equipment.
Spray foam insulation improves the energy efficiency of your house. It provides superior and long-term benefits that conventional insulation styles cannot equal. This form of insulation would save you money on a monthly basis after you make the initial investment. Large-scale insulation projects should be handled by a professional.